Micaela's 1st trip to the ER! (5/24/08)




If you've told them once, you've told them time & time again... SIT DOWN ON THAT CHAIR! Miss Micaela was standing on a "big girl chair", fell off, and hurt her left knee... she was obviously not listening! Daddy was "on duty" that morning and called Mommy at work to report... Micaela fell, she is crying her knee hurts, she's favoring that leg & limping, etc. followed by "I think she needs to go to the hospital to be checked." I came home to find her calm and walking pretty well on his which calmed my nerves. :) I then took her over to the ER and when they triaged her, they didn't believe anything was wrong but took x-rays to confirm. Sure enough, she was FINE ... just simply pain & redness (a contusion) from falling hard on it. So-- they wrapped her knee with a little ACE bandage for support & gave her Motrin (and a lollipop & sticker for being such a good girl!) and off we went.
As 1 mother told me, this is just 1 of many trips to the ER I will expereince in my life with 4 kids... oh joy! Hopefully not TOO many....

1 comment:

Annie said...

That's one happy face for being in the ER! :) Glad she's okay.......