Highlites throughout my triplet pregnancy...

Just thought we'd share some highlites from my triplet pregnancy. It was a very interesting and wonderful journey!

Aug. 10, 2005: We are 8 wks, 5 days today. We had another ultrasound and all 3 babies are doing well and "happy in there"! All 3 of them are fraternal & are all growing in their own sac. Feeling good to date ... the usual nausea and vom. a few times -- I must have a mix of boys & girls in there!

Aug. 31, 2005: We are 11 wks, 5 days today and it's a special day because it's Angelia's 1st b-day. We had another US and you can now see each of really forming into little people... they were all moving around, you could see their arms & legs, one looked he/she wanted to suck their thumb. It was SO sweet... Angelia blew the babies a kiss! We tell her nowadays that "we're gonna go see the babies" and she lights up... we love it!

Sept. 1, 2005: We heard each baby's heart beat for the 1st time! :)

Sept. 28, 2005: I am 15 wks, 5 days today. We had yet another ultrasound... this time, though, it was more in-depth. From watching the screen, each of them were moving and it seems as if they already know that someone else or "others" are co-existing in there (they can feel it, etc)-- it's so awesome! During the US, "Baby C" kept waving to us. The nurse said that if that baby is a girl, she has the princess wave down already! :)

October 20, 2005: I am 19 weeks today. Memom came along with us to the US for the 1st time. Like we usually are, she was amazed at the sight of the babies! All 3 were stacked on top of one another.

November 17, 2005: Today was an exciting day!! :) I am 23 weeks today. We went for yet another US and all 3 babies are doing well. All 3 are growing in sync on and on schedule and are still stacked on top of each other. Each baby is just over 1 lb. at this point, which is good. We DID find out what we are having!! We have 1 BOY & 2 GIRLS in there!!! :) We're excited! My family, especially, is very excited to finally have another BOY in the family... we tend to have ore girls on my side-- Michael's side is just the opposite! :) We are planning on telling everyone the sexes of the babies, but not their names-- that'll be the surprise at birth. We'll keep them guessing for now! :) Also, today was my last day of work... now I'll be out on maternity leave.

January 5, 2006: I'm 30 weeks now and the doctors & nurses are very happy with how well I am holding up for this pregnancy! :) I've been told that many triplet pregnancies do not hold up this well! :) Each of the babies are now just over 3 lbs. each.... they're doing well!

January 25, 2006: I am 32 wks, 6 days today and still going strong! Each of the babies are at least 4 lbs. each. Our "big guy" on the bottom still weighing the most (approx. 4 lbs, 13 oz). I'm carrying approx. 13 lbs. of baby alone at this point and I'm feeling it! But-- I'll handle it... the longer I can hold out, the better for the babies. :)

January 27, 2006: I am 33 wks. along now. The average triplets pregnancy only last approx. 33 weeks, but all is well and I have very little signs of being ready to deliver & the babies are all doing well. The doctor did schedule my C-section today for Friday, Feb. 17, 2006! :) The big day will be here soon... only 3 weeks to go! :) Wow-- reality is really hitting!!

No comments: