10 years later - remembering 9/11 (9/10/2011)

Wow... I can't believe 10 years have passed since that tragic day that we all remember so well, as if it were yesterday. Like so many, I remember what time, where I was, what I was doing, etc. that very day (9/11/2001) when tragedy struck the U.S., forever changing so many lives and our country as a whole. Even though my little ones weren't born yet in 2001, I made sure that they were told all about it and took them to a local tribute ceremony. Tonight, we gathered with many other Twp. residesnts at Vet's Park for a memorial ceremony & unveiling of a monument to remember that very day and all of those, even Twp. residents, who lost their lives on 9/11.




At the end of the ceremony, we gathered around for the unveiling of a new monument, which included an actual piece of steel from one of the Twin Towers that was given to our township by the Port Authority. Amazing...

We will never forget and now- my kids will always know...

No comments: